Upgrade your browser!
You''ll enjoy this experience much more in a modern browser.
Plus, we can''t guarantee everything will work correctly for you in this old browser. Check out this list of modern browsers that we think would be a good replacement.
- Saturday, 31 Oct. 2020 9:30 am - 2:00 pm AEDT (doors open at 8:30 am)
Sorry, this event is not available.
This event was available from Wednesday, 20 September 2017 12:00 am until the event start date.
Unfortunately, no person hoping to be a church representative will be given voting rights on the day of Assembly if they have been registered incorrectly.
About the Day
It’s time to gather together, to worship and discern the Lord’s leading in the overall direction of our Association. We look forward to meeting together to be encouraged by what God is doing and inspired by what He will continue do!
This year, in light of our current situation our Assembly will look a little different to previous years. We are planning to hold our Annual Assembly across the following locations, with necessary limits on the maximum number of people able to attend each venue. The main venue will be livestreamed to each additional venue, where participants will be able to interact with the main venue and vote on resolutions. It will also be available online (viewing only).
- Ministry and Learning Centre - Main Sydney Venue (FULL CAPACITY - we can not longer take registrations at the Ministry and Learning Centre)
- Georges River Life Church - Southern Sydney Venue
- Mayfield Baptist Church - Hunter Venue
- Wagga Wagga Baptist Church - Regional Livesite
- Dubbo Baptist Church - Regional Livesite
- The Hub Grafton - Regional Livesite
- Tamworth Baptist Church - Regional Livesite
Our Association’s 2020 Accreditation Service will follow on from Assembly in the afternoon of Saturday 31 October, at the Ministry and Learning Centre. At this stage, it will be limited to family and friends of those being accredited, and will be livestreamed.
8:30am Assembly registration opens (Main Sydney, Southern and Hunter venues only)
9:00am Regional live sites registration opens (Tamworth, Wagga Wagga, Dubbo & Grafton)
9:30am Assembly commences
1:00pm Assembly concludes
1:00pm Lunch (Main Sydney & Southern Sydney venue only)
Please note: The program is subject to change without notice.
The Constitution of the Association of Baptist Churches of NSW/ACT requires us to collect your name, address, phone number and email address. If you DO NOT provide this information in the registration form, you will not be eligible to vote at Assembly.
- Lunch is optional at our Main Sydney and Southern Sydney venues and costs $15pp. Lunch will not be ordered without pre-payment.
- According to the Constitution, an affiliated church may appoint two delegates (voting church representatives) plus an additional delegate for each 50 members or portion of 50 church members after the first 50. This is in addition to any Accredited Ministers or Non-Accredited Lead Pastors registering from a church. The Church Secretary is required to notify the Association of those who have been appointed by the Church to act as voting church representatives.
- Due to COVID-19 we are unable to provide space for Church Representative (Non-Voting) at our Main Sydney, Southern Sydney and Hunter venues.
You will be asked in the registration process to indicate your Assembly registration type. Unsure of your voting rights? See the below definitions:
- Accredited Minister: Accredited ministers of the Baptist Association of NSW/ACT are automatic members of Assembly.
- Non-Accredited Lead Pastors: Lead pastors of Baptist churches who are not accredited by the Association are automatically members of Assembly and entitled to vote.
- Church Representative (Voting): Any person who attends a Baptist Church is welcome to attend Assembly and has been nominated by the local church to vote if necessary.
- Church Representative (Alternate): Any person who attends a Baptist Church is welcome to attend Assembly and has been nominated to replace a voting church representative if necessary. They do not automatically have voting rights.
- Church Representative (Non-Voting): Any person who attends a Baptist Church is welcome to attend Assembly but does not have voting rights.
- Morling College Council / Assembly Council: All members of Morling College Council and the Assembly Council are automatic members of Assembly.
- Global Interaction Cross Cultural Ministry Workers: Cross cultural ministry workers attached to Global Interaction are automatic members of Assembly.
Ensuring the health and safely of all attendees and complying with ongoing COVID-19 physical distancing restrictions remain high priorities. We have put in place a number of precautionary measures:
- The Auditorium will undergo a clean between the Annual Assembly, which will take place in the morning and the Accreditation Service.
- The Association has put in place a Covid Safe Plan for the Annual Assembly.
- Capacities and seating are being managed as per the physical distancing requirements (1.5m between individuals & 4sqm per person).
- All required attendee information will be collated should contract tracing need to occur.
- Hand sanitiser will be readily available.
The Annual Assembly is sponsored by BaptistCare NSW & ACT and Baptist Financial Services.